17 September 2009

Introductions

Benjamin Franklin once said something like:

"In life: 2 things are certain: death and taxes."

I now propose to add blogging to that rather delectable piece of rhetoric. It seems that everyone is doing it now, so I thought I would join in. Being a fresh(-ish) faced 18 year old, about to head off to University, I naturally have a lot on my mind (aside from obvious teenage distractions...)

So, onto business. I really think the aim of this series of blogs is to help me condense philosophical arguments, ideas, thoughts etc into bitesize chunks so they can easily be digested. Hopefully this will help me, as well as anyone who is struggling to comprehend certain ideas and arguments.

Without sounding like I'm trying to write a disclaimer, I don't aim to offend anyone, nor to bring up intangible arguments where answers/comments/responses are always conflicting. I merely intend to set out some key philosophical ideas ideas as I see them, or as I don't see them; and see where that takes me.

Thanks for reading.


cogito, ergo blog


Blog Archive

Was man ist.

Studying at Southampton Uni., for a B.A in Philosophy. Loves Pepsi Max, Blues music, acting and comedy.